Diary of Missions of S/Sgt. Jack A. Money
1. October 4, 1943 - North Sea Diversion. (no entry)
2. October 8, 1943 - Vegasack, Germany. (no entry)
3. October 9, 1943 Danzig, Poland. (no entry)
4. November 3, 1943 Wilhelmshaven, Germany. (no entry)
5. November 18, 1943 Kjeller, Norway. (no entry)
6. November 27, 1943 Bremen, Germany. (no entry)
7. December 1, 1943 Solingen, Germany. (no entry)
8. December 13, 1943 Kiel, Germany. (no entry)
9. December 30, 1943 Ludwigshafen Ger. Plenty of flak & a few fighters. 2-24´s went down and 1-17 went into a spin & broke in half.
10. January 4, 1944 Kiel, Germany we lost no.1. prop. Completely off of the plane, we were sure sweating it our for a while.
11. January 11, 1944 Brunswick, Germany to much flak to suit me & quite a few fighters around, we had some trouble.
12. January 14, 1944 Forges, France flak in the distance & a few fighters.
13. January 21, 1944 Invasion Coast, France some flak but it wasn´t close to us at all & no fighters.
14. January 30, 1944 Brunswick, Germany a few fighters around and some flak, not bad as a whole.
15. February 2, 1944 Invasion Coast France some flak but no fighters.
16. February 6, 1944 Invasion Coast France lots of flak around and a few fighters but they never bothered us.
17. February 8, 1944 Invasion Coast France lots of flak & no fighters not bad at all.
18. February 20, 1944 Halberstadt, Ger. There were quite a few fighters around & they were plenty hard to see against the snow. There was some flak.
19. February 21, 1944 Munster, Germany lots of flak & some fighters I never saw anybody go down. Fighters all the way home and some flak.
20. February 24, 1944 Gotha, Germany 2-17´s went down & 17-24´s Most of them were on fire & blew up, few boys got out of all these about 15 or 20.
February 27, 1944 I left London at 5:00 & arr in Norwich at 10:30 & caught a LR to the 44th & called the base & told them where I was.
February 28, 1944 I got back to camp about 9:30 off of pass I had to stay over night at the 44th. Nothing was said on my being late.
February 29, 1944 I never done much today we had one class today and checked my guns.
March 1, 1944 I never done much today, worked on the turret & cleaned my guns.
21. March 2, 1944 - Frankfurt, Germany 1-24 went down in flames 8 chutes came out, no fighter but lots of flak. I have four more missions to go now.
March 3, 1944 The group started on a op. But it was finally scrubbed. I went to the library & studied a while & checked in and fixed my oxygen mask.
March 4, 1944 I got up a little late and cleaned up around my sack and went to a good P.W. lecture at 1300 hrs. The group started on a mission but they called it off. The forts hit the target though.
March 5, 1944 The group pulled a mission today we were not on it, much to my regret. There wasn´t much going on today otherwise.
22. March 6, 1944 Berlin, Germany. There were quite a few fighters & plenty of flak. Lt. Shea blew up on take off this morning that makes two crews out of our bs.
March 7, 1944 We weren´t scheduled to fly today. I went out to the plane & they were changing No.2 engine, no. 1 cy. was cracked & ready to blow out when we got back.
March 8, 1944 The group went to Berlin today we didn´t go but we´ll fly tomorrow.
23. March 9, 1944 Berlin, Germany. Lots of flak but no fighters at all we were surprised over that. We got 5 flak holes.
[From March 10 15 entries are just things he did during day such as chores]
24. March 16, 1944 We got up at 3:15 for a mission we went to Friedrichshafen Germany & there were a few fighters around we missed the flak going in but caught us coming out.
March 17, 1944 We were rolled out at 4:30 for a mission to Munich but it was scrubbed so I came back and hit the sack.
25. March 18, 1944 We got up at 4:30 for a mission to Friedrichshafen the flak over the target was terrific we got a direct hit and several attacks by fighters. We dropped out of formation as our engine was feathered we liked to have not made it back this was my last mission.
July 23, 1944 Today is a year spent over seas & it seems so short & yet so long its hard to get the true expression out of it now.